The Multifamily Overview of the 2019 Oregon Zero Energy Ready Commercial Code webinar is hosted by OR-MEP and the Oregon Department of Energy (ODOE) and focuses on the 2019 Oregon Zero Energy Ready Commercial Code. The current commercial energy code is applicable to projects permitted on or after January 1, 2020. This training covers:
- What’s changed compared to the previous version of the commercial energy code, including the two parts of the code applicable to multifamily based on number of stories above grade:
- Part 1 – Commercial Energy Provisions: applicable to multifamily buildings 4+ stories above grade and based on ASHRAE Standard 90.1-2016.
- Part II – Multi-family Energy Provisions: applicable to multifamily buildings ≤3 stories above grade and based on 2018 International Energy Conservation Code
- Energy code requirements by building component for typical multifamily conditions
- Key considerations for incorporating energy code requirements into OR-MEP projects, specifically new construction projects participating in the Whole Building Path and utilizing a code baseline energy model
This training is targeted for OR-MEP program participants, including affordable housing owners and developers, energy consultants, architects, and other design professionals who want to better understand the current commercial energy code applicable to multifamily properties.